Our organization strongly believes that every individual deserves the opportunity to achieve their fullest potential. At the present time, we are looking for an individual to fill the role of Direct Support Professional (DSP). The right candidate will be responsible for providing compassionate care and assistance to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities. A DSP assists individuals achieve personal outcomes and provides person-centered supports while assisting with daily living care and needs. If you have a desire to make a difference in people’s lives and work with developmentally disabled adults in a direct care role, we encourage you to apply for this position.
Both part time and full time positions are available now. All positions start at $12.00 per hour. Full time positions come with a complete benefit package including medical insurance and paid time off.
Duties include housekeeping, laundry, meal prep/planning, transportation/errands, bathing/personal hygiene care, medication management and all aspects of daily living help.
Locations: McHenry, IL; Johnsburg, IL; Crystal Lake, IL; Woodstock, IL; Cary, IL; Lakewood, IL, Harvard, IL; Marengo, IL;
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Responsible for direct client care. Duties include but are not limited to; toileting, bathing, grooming, dressing, etc.
- Responsible for all meal preparation dependent on assigned shift requirements (i.e. breakfast, lunch or dinner).
- Complete daily logs, goals, track behaviors, and complete SIR's, if needed.
- Responsible for housekeeping, laundry, and ensuring clients complete assigned chores.
- Organize and take clients to in-house and community outings.
- Administer medications and first aid as needed.
- Complete maintenance, IT, and food order forms as needed for the group home.
- Complete safety drills as required.
- Observe and record clients behaviors and interactions.
- Respect the privacy, confidentiality and property of clients.
- Maintains ethical and professional boundaries.
- Keeps and maintains appropriate and required records.
- Understands and follows appropriate policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assist clients with banking and reconciliation of banking records.
- Regular, reliable, predictable attendance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent
- Driver's License